************ FREE GUIDES FOR THE BEST ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAME IN EXISTENCE ************

Friday 10 April 2009

What you should know about missions



As previously mentioned, running missions is a very good way to make a lot of Isk, this is how I started out making most of my Isk when I decided which direction to go in Eve. I used the money to fund my PVP habits.

I ran missions for a corporation called "Chem Tech", working my way up from level 1 missions through to level 4 missions. I continued running them with the same Agent so I could get a "jump clone" as I was going to live in Null sec space and wanted a clone to be able to jump back to Low Sec when I wanted to (you need a + 8 standing with an agent in order to be granted a jump clone).

So I got my jump clone and headed out for a life in 0.0 space, the living was good, I made a lot of Isk from killing NPC rats up to 1.4 million per kill.

I moved around 0.0 a bit untill rather suddenly the space I was living in became very hostile, more so than usual and found it hard to make consistent Isk, the threat of being killed at any time was very real. So I went to a 0.5 sec system and ran a few level 4 missions and was very surprised to find myself being attacked by the Amarrian Empire police after completing one of my missions.

At first I didn't know what was going on and i managed to escape alive due in no small part to my trusty drakes tanking abilities and this being a 0.5 system.

So I docked up in station and opened my character sheet, Doom struck me as I realized I now had a -5.04 standing with the Caldari Empire and something similar with the Amarr Empire, once you go below -5 you are an enemy of the states you are -5 with, I had to fix my standings otherwise I would always be hunted in the Amarr and Caldari regions.

Be Carefull Who You Run Missions Against

When you run missions you can be asked to kill some of the big races navy ships, when you do this you lose standings with that race, over time this accumulates until you are KOS (kill on site) to them, not only this but once you go below -2 with any race you cannot run missions for them. The simple solution is to turn down missions that ask you to kill either Caldari, Minmatar, Amarr or Gallente ships.

I managed to get my standings back above -5 by training the "diplomacy skill" but I'm not sure I will ever be able to run missions for Caldari and Amarr, if I do it will be because I have put a lot of work and time into getting my standings back up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

COPYRIGHT NOTICE EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE ONLINE GAMER to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE ONLINE GAMER. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Revolution church Blogger Template by techknowl | Original Wordpress theme byBrian Gardner